Thursday, October 05, 2006

Connection

So the Goddess is upstairs drifting off into post-coital bliss. We just had, frankly, some really amazing sex. I'd be drifting off as well but I feel a compulsion to talk about it.

And by it, I don't really mean the really amazing sex. I mean the lack of amazing sex. We used to have it all the time, but aside from tonight (and, really, the night before that, but don't let that undermine my point here) we've been in a bit of a rut. We are still at our core extraordinarily sexual people but with her being unemployed (rectified today, incidentally) we've had a lot of personal (and financial) stress that has really gotten in the way. We've tried hard not to let it get in the way and have succeeded on a lot of levels, more so than I think many would, but the amazing sex went right out the window.

So it was really nice that we got back to that tonight. And I hope we return to it tomorrow, and the night after that. Ok, maybe some intervals are a little more realistic, but my point is the connectedness that leads to that ability to have it. Its one thing to have found someone with whom that is a possibility, its a totally next level sort of thing to maintain that in times of hardship.

No comments: